PDA

View Full Version : Falling

manic
08-20-2003, 10:57 AM
audio (http://www.arcanumcafe.com/community/attachment.php?s=&postid=259512)

Falling

Falling to my knees again
Hands down in broken glass
I can feel the stinging in my palms
But I can't turn back time

You bandage me up again
I know you're sick of having
To clean up this mess I am
But I just keep on falling

I know you think I should be over this
I know you think I should be fine by now
I know you think I should have gained my balance

But don't leave me alone right now
Cause I don't want to be alone right now

I've got cuts on my knees
From past tragedies
And tears running down my face
From the days I lost faith

You still hold my hand
But I know you're sick of my crying
Cause I'm not who I was-
Now I just keep on falling

I know you think I should be over this
I know you think I should be fine by now
I know you think I should have gained my balance

But don't leave me alone right now
Cause I don't want to be alone right now

manic
08-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Wow. Thankyou, that really means a lot to me.
I do try to put as much into the words I use as possible, and I don't like to use an excess of words. This is just what I came up with and I guess I hoped it would be ok, so I'm glad you think it is.

Hopefully...if my upload works now you can hear the musical version...
bit fuzzy and I'm trying to be quiet cause my mother's in the house so I apologise for the quality of this...

manic
08-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Losing Faith? I think Jamie commented in that thread anyway. Thanks for your comments.

Jamie, I sound innocent in that cause I'm trying to sing quietly. I'm really hardcore. grr. ...perhaps not.

AlienPoet
08-22-2003, 04:25 AM
o,so good, very.

manic
08-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Thankyou. Muchly. Very.

:)

manic
08-31-2003, 06:01 PM
It's too depressing for the top ten! But I wish... Thanks pet.

Mantraschism
06-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Well, if you ever get a recording contract and release an album (which you damn well should), I'll be among the first to buy it. I don't mind saying that I don't normally like whatever kind of music this would be categorized as (because it's usually angry 'chick' music), but there's something different about your songs. I want to say that have a more folky sound. Also, they don't feel fake.

Concerning your guitar playing...
You've discovered/made up some interesting sounding chords! That's always a good thing. You used to be self-conscious about it (or at least you talked like you were), but I don't know why.

Your songwriting itself does not seem to have changed much in the past couple of years as far as its style goes; it merely seems to have grown more confident. Another admirable trait of your music (and lyrics). You have a unique sound. All this is to say, I enjoy the hell out of your work, and this was no exception (actually, this is one of my favorites), so keep it up.

\m/ Ryan \m/

manic
06-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Ryan

Another oldie!

I have no idea what this would be categorized as. One of my friends classed my style as sort of angry girl indie folk (like Mary Lou Lord or someone) which seems like a bit of a contradiction...

The guitar...is still rubbish. And I think I made the majority of these chords up cause I can't seem to learn the regular ones! I get bored of trying to do them and just make up one that sounds half decent to give the general gist of a tune if you know what I mean... I'm getting a bit better...

I think my writing has matured a little, along with myself I supposed but I don't think my style has changed, you're right. Looking at this and 'pretty little bruises', it's seems to have the same atmosphere and style as the newer 'hell hath no fury' really. Whether that's a good thing or not, I'm not sure but I guess it's good I'm consistent :)

Anyway I'm glad I've won you over with my folky ways. And thanks for the vote of confidence, I'll send you a copy of my first album if you send me a first edition of your book :) deal?

-sarah

manic
07-12-2004, 01:40 PM

Glad to see the old ones don't fade away

-sarah

Kamikosan
07-12-2004, 03:14 PM
manic...i really enjoyed reading this...i'm anxious to download and listen (can't now, at work on government computer)....your lyrics are outstanding...

bethany *jump*

naturalist
08-10-2004, 02:27 PM
sarah, I'm afraid I can't listen to your song! = ( It opens on my computer as a php file instead of an mp3?

beautiful lyrics.

manic
08-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Thanks for trying Naturalist. It's coming up as an invalid link from me and sadly my computer died recently so I have no copy of this to re attach, so there's nothing I can do. But thanks for reading the lyrics, always good to see an older one again...

:)

-sarah