PDA

View Full Version : Question: Where Do I Begin?

woollams812
12-24-2003, 02:39 AM
Hello, I have posted some of my poetry on the forum for over a year now. I have come to the point where I feel I need to take a step ahead. I am looking for some help with learning to make my poetry into songs. I have written many poems and have basic skill on a guitar, I can play a few songs, namely 7 Nation Army and Wonderwall. Can anyone tell me where do I begin in taking my poetry and creating a song? Also, my poetry is on my webpage. Thanks to all who help.

Lyly
12-27-2003, 12:27 AM
Hmm...the transition from poetry to lyrics can seem like a gigantice step, but it really isn't. For myself, it just happened. My advice for now, is that flow is very important in lyrics. If a reader can detect a flow, they are more likely to determine the melody. A repeating chorus is not always necessary, although they to help establish that the piece is a song. Um...without any more specific questions, I'm not really sure what to say. I hope this was somewhat helpful, if you have any other questions feel free to send me a private message through the forum. - Lyly

woollams812
12-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the tips, Ive been working on the adjustment this past week, luckilly the results are pleasing.