I thought that you would know
That I’ve missed you
My only love
All I ask
Is please believe me
When I say that I do this for you

Lyly
01-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Ooo...very raw emotional piece here. I can definately feel the emotion of this and hear the music to it... The lines, "He/Sent me away/Words I can’t even remember now/The expression you wore/I tried to forget/Ended up being all I had" really show the effects on the mind that this relationship had and help the reader to understand the full weight the speaker is carrying.
"All I ask/Is please believe me/When I say that I do this for you" This is a very powerful ending. It shows that the speaker truly only cares about this other persons well-being, and that maybe, it has been thought that the speaker did everything for themself rather that the other. Hm, I think I may be rambling so I'll stop now. In short, I enjoyed the simple message and complex emotion in this piece. Bien. - Lyly

Mantraschism
01-20-2004, 03:40 AM
I appreciate your comments, Lyly. I was on a Katatonia fix when I wrote this (note: newer Katatonia, not 'Dance of December Souls' era). I wanted to write something with lines that were simple individually, but combined were very emotional. The lines you quoted are some of my favorites, too. I'm tossing around music for it. It'll either be soft and sad, or rather heavy but morose; not aggressive at all. I'm leaning towards the latter now. The last few lines sound really good with the heavy/morose version. I'd record it if I could. Oh well. Thanks!

crazylacey1818
01-25-2004, 02:31 AM
I can relate to this.

""When I say that I do this for you""...